Thursday 23 January 2014

Depotting Lipsticks



So, I decided that I wanted to depot my lipstick because one of my favourite lipsticks broke. Instead of depotting one, I thought, maybe I should depot others that don't really get much love. I kinda enjoyed doing this except for the waiting part (didn't like that bit!) but it was good fun.

How to:

1. Prepare everything.

[you will need]
- small pot to store in your lipstick
- mini ladle/spoon to melt your lipstick in
- wet wipes and tissue to clean stains etc.
- candle to heat the lipsticks
- sticker paper/sharpie to label
- lipsticks that you want to depot
- small knife/scrapper to scrap out your lipstick

2. Sanitise everything! from your utensils to your hands.
3. Light up the candle.
4. Label your pots.
5. Use your small knife to scrap out your lipstick into the mini ladle/spoon.
6. Place the mini ladle over the candle and make sure the fire does not come into direct contact with the ladle.
7. Wait for a couple of seconds or minutes (1-2) till your lipstick is fully melted
8. Pour it in the pot.
9. Wait for a couple of seconds/minutes and your lipstick will solidify in no time!

TADAAAAA!!! Your lipstick is ready to use!


xx






No comments:

Post a Comment