Monday 20 January 2014

Mac & Inglot

Today, mum and I had to run some errands in the city. The day started off pretty badly cause we had no car. BIL (brother-in-law) had to go to work and his car wouldn't start, so he had to use my car and dad had to go to work too, so he took his car, which left mum and I with no car to head to the city. So, we settled for Malaysia's very 'efficient' public transportations. If you live in Malaysia, you would know why I inserted inverted commas to the word efficient. BUT, to my surprise, it was actually pretty efficient. Despite the walking we had to do - I didn't mind but mum had a little trouble because of her condition but we managed and it was no where near as tedious or as horrible as we thought it would be. One thing that sadden me is the courtesy of our fellow Malaysians. The same everywhere, we'd have to prioritise the elderly, the disabled as well as pregnant mothers but Malaysians couldn't care less and as I watched, the foreigners were way more courteous to others as oppose to our fellow Malaysians. It was really really disheartening. Nonetheless, the ride was pretty comfortable, they upgraded the trains and we didn't go during peak hours so we were safe from the crowd of horror!

Anyway, since we were in the city, I decided to have a look at some of the cosmetic stores that were nearby where we were headed. I settled for some Inglot and Mac items. I've watched reviews on Inglot and I've been wanting try it and today is the day I made my first Inglot purchase!



The Inglot Freedom Palette
I for one, am in love with the packaging for some reason. I think it looks elegant with the magnetic cover and stuff. It's good stuff - really cool! The colours i purchased were - 327M (bottom right), 337M (top right), 407P (top left), 450P (bottom left). "M" stands for Matte and "P" stands for Pearl which indicates the shadow's finish. The shadows were very well pigmented - I have yet to see how long it lasts on my lids but I'm sure it'll do wonders. Also, Inglot's pricing is super reasonable. I was surprise to find out that their shadows are selling at RM30 for 2.3g of product! Mac is selling their shadows at RM 65 for 1.3g of product. You get a whole extra gram for half the price! HELL YEAH! Definitely purchasing more Inglot palettes in future!


MAC Satin Lipsticks
I bought 2 MAC lipsticks. Tbh, I've never owned any MAC lipsticks and these babies were my first MAC purchase. Both lipsticks have a satin finish and they lean more to the pinky-berry tones. Swatches below - Rebel A43 (top) and Captive A53 (bottom). The texture is ahhh-mazinggg. Rebel stains more compared to Captive but then again, I don't worry too much about it cause afterall it's not a stain, it's a lipstick! Mum bought one too - Twig A79. It has a satin finish. It's similar to Captive but not as pinky-berry. It has slightly more of a brown hue to it. Keen on purchasing more MAC lipsticks *dances*



MAC False Lashes [False Black] Mascara
I wanted to try a new mascara. I'm currently using the Chanel Inimitable Extreme Mascara and I've repurchased the exact same mascara (twice) cause it's god-like! It doesn't clump, it's rinsible and it creates wonders! But then I thought, a change wouldn't harm. I consulted one of the face artists at MAC and she suggested the False Lashes mascara because she loves it and she says that it's amazing. So, I figured, "why not give it a try!"

Inglot Eyebrow Pencil [503]
I'm used to the Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil because I'm obsessed with the texture. It comes in a pencil form (obvs) but it's powdery and you can build it up as you like and I love it! I find it hard to love other eyebrow pencils just because the texture sometimes can be too waxy to deal with. The inglot one is in between, it's not too powdery and it's not too waxy. Since I'm a little skeptical about it and I'm still a little biased towards my Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil, mum is going to give it a try first and if she doesn't like it, she'll give it to me but I'll definitely give it a try too!

Overall, it was a good day. Going to go ahead and enjoy some A&W for dinner!

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment